Jan 24, 2016

I can't art.

I know I haven't been posting recently, but don't worry, I am still working on the game. And since I'm having trouble with drawing busts, I may as well post some sketches and ask for feedback. Any art critics or heck, anyone at all, give me your feedback on how she looks. I apparently cannot draw.

On the other hand though, I'm making the lust system increases lust by 1 point every 10 minutes instead of by 6 every hour. This is to make the lust gain more gradual and to make the game encourage you to do dirty things more instead of making you wait every hour for that lust gain.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's fairly decent, but then again I'm not really into big boobs, I'm more...neutral to it I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not bad, but if you're looking for a better degree of realism it's better to focus on perspective rather than showing as much as you can. As the bust is now, it looks like her left breast is significantly larger than her right. If you really want to get good you should probably look into some basic anatomical drawings, but you'll eventually run into the problem of realism vs. idealism in terms of the human form regardless. In terms of economy of time and effort, you might be best off just trying to copy some works whose style you like for practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I'd like to think that I'm good enough that I already ran into the problem of realism vs idealism. That's up to debate of course, but my excuse for being so shitty at drawing busts is that I'm not experienced in drawing busts and that I just grew bias to my own work and just became unable to accurately see my errors.

      I suspect this is a problem for most artists. But I'm not good enough yet to be able to accurately evaluate my own work. As for practicing, copying others' work is something I actively avoid. I study them and see what I like and what I don't and incorporate into my own style, but I don't copy them out of principle.

      I'll talk about this subject one day in a blog post, but for now, I'll continue working on the game. Since this is the internet and some people can't tell, I apologize if I come off as being condescending, that was not my intention. But regardless, thanks for the feedback. I'll fix her left boob.

      Delete