Jan 27, 2016

Skills and Trainers

If you've been playing around with the battle system in its current state, you might've noticed that you have no skills. I mean, sure, I just haven't implemented them yet. But it IS intentional that you do not have any skills at the start of the game. It will be eventually explained in the game that everyone's skills are wiped and had to be relearned after The Transference. And in order to learn new skills, you have to visit a trainer and spend some money and time to learn them. Each class has a specific trainer. While you can talk to every trainer, you can only learn skills from your class specific trainer. Every trainer will eventually be sexable (I know sexable isn't a word, but I'm going to use it anyway because it sounds stupid and funny), but I haven't worked out the specifics yet.

Sketch of the mage's trainer's bust. Once again, please provide your feedback.

6 comments:

  1. That's nice, reminds me of this new anime, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, only thing those guys got their memories wiped of the real world :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked interesting, I might watch it when I take a break or something. Hopefully it doesn't end up like SAO.

      SAO is one of those anime I have a love hate relationship with. It has beautiful art, great voice overs and high production value. But the story and characters absolutely sucked.

      I'm going to stop ranting now.

      Delete
  2. The torso and head are quite good, but the arm placement is rather odd imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean, but some more details would be nice. :3

      Delete
    2. Maybe have the left hand rest on the right, and put the angle of the upper right arm out a bit if you want the left arm to cross the torso? It just seems like a rather unnatural pose to hold your arm across your torso without being supported by anything as it is right now.

      Delete