Jun 4, 2016

Quick update

Hi guys, a quick little update tonight. Basically been spending the last day or two finishing up the new main menu and implementing it into the main build. It's an extreme pain in the ass to do this, but I think it's worth it. :P

Once again, the reason I'm spending so much effort on the GUI is because I don't want Captivity to suffer from what I call "another generic looking RPG Maker game syndrome." So yeah, pre-build 4 will mostly be a GUI revamp. I've also put in a Gallery button in the main menu, so if you ever wondered if Captivity is gonna have a CG viewer, you've got your answer there. Once you hit the Gallery button, 2 new button pops up. "Scenes," and "CGs." Pretty self-explanatory. Scenes just runs the h-scenes again with the CGs rolling behind as normal while CGs just lets you view the CGs without the talking and the message boxes. They don't exactly work right now, but it's there for me to fill up in the future. The attached video also has things I'm not mentioning in this post because I'm tired and I wants to sleep. And yes, I know the video quality sucks. I literally just downloaded OBS to record this. Didn't spend much time with the settings so you'll have to bear with me with the bad quality video. (Okay, I've rewatched the video, so now I'm blaming Google/Youtube for the horrid quality.

And that's it for tonight's news! See ya guys once I got more done!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Will wait that you show us next :)

    ReplyDelete