May 31, 2016

Menus? Like the ones you find in restaurants?

...I'm not even trying with the titles anymore...

Spent a couple hours on this damn thing. It's annoying as hell to event but it's finally almost done. Still have some QA left to do to see what I've missed before implementing this into the main build. This is possibly the most complicated thing to date I had to event. Granted, I don't do a lot of complicated eventing, but... Okay, I lied. The lust system that increases with time is actually fairly complicated. So is the weather system which I still have no clue where to start eventing. Anyhow, here's a gif. I'm breaking this post up because the gif is like 11 mbs. So yeah, click read more or something.


I suck at making gifs. Don't worry, it's not this laggy in game.
Here you go! Check out this sexy new main menu I've spent 6 hours wracking my head around. The first thing you'll notice is that the Continue and Load Game button is grayed out. That's because there's no existing save file. But once you have a save file, both buttons will light up again and you can press them. The Continue button just loads your latest save, as demonstrated in the gif.

And yay! No more default RPG Maker looking main menus! If there's one thing I'm spending a lot of effort on, it's that I don't want Captivity to just be "another generic RPG Maker game." I'm also going to replace both Captivity's logo and DragonSong's logo. They look like shit right now. Speaking of which, be right back while I go kill the on screen keyboard when you input names and replace it with a minimalistic one where there won't be a on screen keyboard and you'll have to type with your actual keyboard.

That is oddly phrased, but whatever. Let me know if you'd like to see me make more gifs like this. But I'll see you guys when I have something to show again!

8 comments:

  1. Haha... I think, we will be glad to see anything: gifs, videos and pictures. Anything about development of game. So, if you want do gifs - do them.
    By the way, Good Work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll see about making videos instead of gifs from now on. At least videos isn't 5 freaking fps.

      On a slight update note though, I've decided to hide the Continue and Load Game buttons instead of graying them out if there's no existing save file. So people can look forward to that.

      Delete
  2. Heeeeeeey, dude. All of this graphic changes and menus and other... all of this good... but, please! don't forget about gameplay, plot and hentai! Like your game idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Like I said before, I'm just currently laying down the groundwork so I don't have to do this at a later date. Once all these foundations are done, I'll be focusing more in other areas of the game! :3

      Delete
  3. Thank you for at least giving us an idea of what to expect. It's nice that even though you don't like making gifs to make one for us. *Gives a plate of cookies* Could always do screenshots and videos if you feel more comfortable with them or use a different post for videos, (if you make them) gifs, and screenshots. Do what you feel most comfortable with since I think everyone is happy enough with just a glimpse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I dislike making gifs. It's more like I don't know how to make a proper one without all the artifacts and shit and I don't really feel like looking up how to do it properly. I'm a lazy asshole like that. Regardless, I think I'll settle on making videos instead of gifs in the future. That way I don't have to break the posts up too.

      Delete
  4. What about fetishes in game? I mean, what effect does on character the player's choice? If player will prefer scenes with man - will character be straight? And she will like sex only with men. On the other hand, if the player will give preference to the scenes with the girls - will character be a lesbian and like sex only with girls? The same is true with regard animals or monsters...
    How will be realized system of heroine's fetishes and preferences (not player's)? If such system will be in game, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as making Player identified as either hetero, bi or homo sexually if she only have scenes with certain characters? No, too complicated, not gonna implement it. What will mostly end up in the game is a system that works in combination of your inhibition, lust and choice selection.

      Delete