May 24, 2016

No progress for a couple days


TL;DR, funeral, no time to work, update delayed.


Hey there, guys. So, a little bad news for both me and you. I'll start with the bad news for me. My grandfather recently passed away, so I'll be spending a couple days off work with the funeral ceremony and stuffs. And don't worry, I'm fine. I'm not depressed, or sad, or anything. Call me a monster if you want, but I actually feel rather indifferent about it. My grandfather spent his twilight years, um, suffering, for the lack of a better word. He started showing symptoms of dementia (yes, I know dementia is technically a broad term of a bunch of brain disease together, but you get the point) around 70 years old and now he's passed away at the age of 82. We brought him back from the nursing home roughly a week ago and during his stay, he's pretty much unable to recognize anyone, sleep all day and only able to consume food in liquid form. So yeah, on one hand, I'm kinda glad he no longer have to suffer any longer. So, rest in peace, grandpa.

So yeah, bad news for you guys, the update will be delayed as I help out my family with the funeral and stuff. And I'm not trying to guilt trip you guys for asking me for an update constantly. Trust me, I want to release an update as soon as I can too. But I'm just making this post to assure you guys that everything is alright and development is still on-going (or at least will resume once I've sorted these things out). But I'll say one last thing before I sign off.

Treasure every moment you have with your family and friends, you'll never know when someone is going to just one day leave the world of the living. So pay your family a visit or give them a call if you haven't for awhile, and tell them you love them.

And that's it for today! I'll see you guys in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. It's very sad. My condolences :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And I'm not trying to guilt trip you guys for asking me for an update constantly."

    I hope that you're not feeling pressured by us to make progress on the game. I know that for myself, I do my best work when my motivation comes primarily from feeling personally inspired, and I feel little to no external pressure to show results.

    If you do feel your inspiration flagging, it may make you more productive in the long run, and produce a higher quality product, if you step back from the work long enough for that inspiration to recover.

    One potential downside to the whole Patreon thing is that it can create a feeling of constant pressure to produce, which can quash your inspiration. Maybe you can find some release by simply not charging patrons on any month that you feel that you need a break from that pressure.

    ReplyDelete