Jun 7, 2016

Clothing redesign for Player

Hi there. I sketched this and painted it willy nilly. I don't know why I gave up trying to get the anatomy right. Probably because I didn't use guidelines. I really need to start using guidelines. Or that I'm fucking hungry as shit. I could use some food. Or maybe because I spent all my effort and energy on getting the hands right. Damn, I draw some great hands. I have a feeling the handjob CGs are going to look great.

Anyway, enough rambling. I redesigned her clothing. Instead of that weird small ass vest thingy, it's now a weird long hip length vest thingy. Her undershirt's sleeves got removed, and I gave her some gloves. I was thinking her gloves would be black, but since I didn't paint it, now I think white looks pretty good. I don't know, let me know what you guys think about her new design. And that gem right there? Like everything else I've teased so far, it's once again going to play a substantial part in the game. Take a guess what it is.


Also, does anyone actually noticed I've been calling her Player with a capital P like a name this entire time? I never gave her or him a canon name since I don't want her to be like one of those protagonist that you can rename but they would still have a canon name (e.g Link from the Zelda games). Nope. She doesn't have a canon name. I just call her Player, and even the game files simply refer to her as Player.

6 comments:

  1. Pure little anatomy... x3Darkie hate you so much :D

    If seriousle, for me does not matter this outfit or previous. If you like new design - ok, do it. But maybe you can add...ugh, some armor elements? Leather bracer? Leather corset? The protective plate? For example on the shoulder?
    I am not sure about this ideas. Just wanna see a more "ready for battle" appearance...

    About a gem... I would venture to guess that it can give its owner admin rules in game :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea is that it's a cash shop cosmetic item that overwrites the armor underneath. I done it that way so that it's class neutral and I don't have to draw a ton of busts for different armors.

      Nah, the gem is nothing OP like that. This isn't SAO. xD

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure that I understand you clear. You mean that you don't want do a lot of different clothes? Or don't want to do too detailed clothes for heroine?

      Anyway, I did not mean that you must do a bunch of different clothes or something like that. It was meant that the picture lacks a bit of "fantasy" and "combat" details. I really will be enough with one type of clothes for heroine. I just wanted it to be more detailed and have some fantasy\RPG-games spirit in it.

      Delete
    3. I definitely do want to add more details to her design. But for the most part, I want her to have a casual look and be class neutral at the same time so I'm not going to place any actual armor pieces on her.

      If it bothers you that much, just remember that there's armor underneath those cosmetic clothes. :3

      Delete
  2. I don't know why... but i had a really "hard" association with this guy
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo/images/0/0f/Ash_Ketchum.png/revision/latest?cb=20111019135611&path-prefix=en

    And this gem, just like pokeball...

    I think, I'm going crazy @_@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, could definitely see the resemblance. Mainly from the gloves. Funny thing is, her first design HIGHLY resembles Bullet from BlazBlue. And I already scrapped 2 designs prior to this one. And to add, I haven't added any details to this design.

      Delete