Sep 9, 2016

Happy Birthday, me!

Ohai there. It's my birthday! Technically it was yesterday in my timezone, but for most of you, it's probably today. But damn I feel old. I'm like 20 now. /sarcasm

Anyway, haven't really worked on the game for the past week or so. Basically been busy running around doing part-time jobs and stuff. I mean, I need to eat too. If only Patreon brings in more money I wouldn't have to live such a hectic lifestyle. And yes, I know exactly why no one's paying me on Patreon. There's pretty much no content going for the game right now. I can understand why, but some of the games I see makes me sad at the fact that they're still getting thousands of dollars per month despite lacking so much polish. (I'm gonna get so much shit for saying this.)

I swear to god every time I make a post it turns into a rant. But on that note, I'll be working on the story for the next update. Hopefully including more content and stuff. Estal City is big. It takes a lot of time to plan out the entire thing. There's at least 5 main maps pass the gate. And then there's like a bank/storage, a shrine to get buffs, shops and other typical facilities in an MMO. I mean I'm trying to deliver an accurate representation of an MMO. I don't plan on half-assing this. So yeah, that's it for today I guess. I'll post something again whenever I have something interesting to say.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday you ! (Okay, that message may be a little late.)

    If you want I'd gladly give you some extra years ! And, more seriously, I'm a bit curious about what specific project you're talking about :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you mean by a specific project. I am confused. Can you clarify? xD

      Delete
    2. Whoops, sorry, I was talking about your "some of the games I see makes me sad at the fact that they're still getting thousands of dollars per month despite lacking so much polish", I'm curious to ear about what kind of project you're talking about.

      Btw, that was a really quick reply o.o

      Delete
    3. It was a coincidence. Was just around checking my blogger dashboard for comments and caught yours just at the right time.

      But yeah, I don't really wanna get too political or name names, but I'm mostly referring to the ones with 3D rendered CGs. You know, the ones with the butterfaces. I have nothing against 3D rendered CGs, but when every game have the exact same faces and look I just become naturally biased against them and think they are just quick cash grabs.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for your answer, it's fine not wanting to quote names, your answer is just enough for what I wanted to know actually !

      I think I see what you mean now. I guess these game either are around since a longer time than your, or don't fail to regularly add new content. It's a sad truth, but polish and content both take times to make :x

      On that note, I think it'll be easier to grab money with more content, even if I think quality first is a valid approach to make a great game.

      Delete