Dec 25, 2016

Merry Christmas! (Christmas 2016)

Merry Christmas everyone! While I apologize for not having the update ready yet, I drew a quick portrait for the occasion. I've missed the chance to draw a bunny outfit for Easter and skimpy costume for Halloween, but I don't wanna miss what is essentially the last Holiday of the year. So here you go, a somewhat sexy Christmas outfit for you guys. I only drew a portrait because I only have a few hours left before the clock hits 12.

You might also notice her hairstyle looks a little different, that's because I've decided to touch up the design of her hairstyle a little. Because with the characters I've had planned and some designed, the Player character looks literally the least interesting. So I touched it up a little. The thing with designing protagonists is that you don't want them to look too overwhelming and make other characters unnoticeable or making them too underwhelming and make the protagonist look shitty. So yeah, there ya go. I'm still not entirely satisfied with the hairstyle though, so expect it to be tweaked further.

That's it for today, see you guys next year!

2 comments:

  1. I have an question, what actual content did you put into the game since the version Pre v0.1.0 build 4.1 from July? And I mean actual playable, entertaining content and not details like the npc tracker. I know that you also have an comic project that requires attention, but I wonder if that whole thing as an game developer is yours.

    I followed your game more or less for nearly an year now. The only demo I tried was the one from July, which were only like four small maps, no gameplay, an game breaking bug and to tell something nice, an really good looking UI. But that was the work of nearly an half year.

    Really, I would like to see an flourishing game from you, damn, till the version I mentioned above I was nearly daily on this site to look for an new update, but maybe that isn't the right thing for you. Maybe it's just not the right engine or maybe not the right type of game. An text only game like TiTS or an visual novel, like The Wind's Disciple or The Ramen Prince, is maybe better suited for you.

    Well none the less if you just want to ignore and forget my comment, which would be totally fine, because that's definitely not an encouraging one or rethink what thing slows you so terrible down, I wish you had an nice Christmas and an good new years eve and have fun/success with what ever you will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense I have to work to feed myself. So for the entire year Captivity has more or less been a hobby project. I do have plans to transition to working on game dev full time with the help of Patreon, but so far that isn't coming along that well.

      I like to be transparent with what I do, and I really do feel like when I'm trying to portray an MMORPG world, I need to get the game mechanics right. One of things I find Log Horizon did really well and SAO absolutely sucked at is the portrayal of the game world. That's why I spend large majority of my time working on those.

      That being said however, the next update I'm working on definitely has WAY more content than what the current version have. So you can look forward to that. I can't promise it'll be good, but I can promise it'll definitely have more content than all the previous pre-build releases.

      I read every comments generally don't ignore them unless the only thing I can reply is "thank you" or is already stated in the post. But I definitely do appreciate the comment and will reply whenever I can regardless of whether the intent is good or bad.

      Delete